Poor (or very strategic) planning on my part has left me with wet nails and absolutely no way to do anything for the next hour or so, in danger of smudging one of my lovely Under My Trench Coat by OPI nails.
I guess that leaves me to spend my evening catching up on blogs and playing around on Pinterest (you can find me here).
Can you tell I'm not too upset about this? I have pretty music coming through my speakers (Brett Hite's acoustic version of Wishing Well - listen here. You won't regret it), I have a pumpkin spice candle flickering on my dresser, I smell like Philosophy's Cinnamon Buns, I don't have anything to do homework-wise for tomorrow...it's a nice way to wrap up my week! Except there's that whole work and class thing tomorrow.
But we're not talking about that right now.
My week has been busy with work and class - midterms are in full swing, so I've been studying like even more of a madwoman than usual.
This weekend brings work at the volleyball games plus lots of studying, and hopefully a shopping date with my sister and some much needed rest!
We'll see though. My life has been anything but restful these days...thank goodness I like it that way! But really, what does a girl have to do around here to get a nap?! Probably not work so much. Or study so much. Or work out a lot.
Anyway, to celebrate Friday and my re-entrance into blog-world, here are this week's blanks for Fill In the Blank Friday over at the little things we do...
1. Nothing says fall like anything pumpkin or spice related. And pretty trees dressed in their best colors, pushing up to a crisp blue sky. And boots with scarves. And knitwear. And Thanksgiving. And crunching through leaves. And the smell. Oh dear, don't even get me started on fall. It's my favorite time of year.
2. My favorite autumnal tradition is Thanksgiving! It's the same every year - my sisters and I cram on the couch in PJs to watch the parade while I try to convince my dad football was cancelled for the day (he never falls for it, obviously, but he caves to his middle daughter and retreats to another room to watch the games with my brother). Then my mom and I run around making dinner while everyone else relaxes. When everyone starts smelling food and hearing it come out of the oven, my sisters decide to "help" by doing the difficult chore of setting the table (ha). I force everyone to change out of their sweats and into something nice, then we stuff ourselves silly. My mom and I clean up, then we all relax before taking our Thanksgiving afternoon walk before returning home for leftovers.
It goes like that every. Single. Year. I love it.
3. My favorite fall treat is...I actually don't think I have one. I love the smell of everything and anything pumpkin, but I don't have some specific treat that means fall for me.
4. Fall makes me think of being happy because that's what happens without fail every fall. I always loved back to school, the weather, and even football season (although I'm not a fan of the game). I get so excited every year for fall, and I'm always sad to see it go.
5. Autumn free form word association, go! Crisp, lovely, delicious, perfect, October (best month of the year!).
6. My go-to outfit in the fall is skinny jeans, boots, cardigan, scarf, and some sort of knit hair wrap. I wish I could dress for fall all year long! Layers are my one true love. Okay that might not be true. But it feels true.
7. My favorite fall holiday is (Halloween or Thanksgiving) Thanksgiving! I think we just went over this :) It's the perfect holiday - simply enjoying food and family and life, without too much hubbub. It's understated and lovely, just like fall is.
Go ahead and link up if you'd like! Hope you all have a lovely weekend!